Monday, March 2, 2009

It's over! I have to be honest and say I didn't stay on the challenge 100%. Had a family birthday dinner Friday night to go to and several work things. However, for my cheating, I still am so aware of the challenges and can only begin to imagine what the low income families face day in and day out. I went to WM yesterday to get food for the food drive and for a dinner I'm making for an ill associate. I surely did look at the groceries differently, still checked the prices and had to stop myself from purchasing a whole cartload of groceries for the food drive. I did buy extra, more expensive items for the foodbank, knowing that these things would never be on the $25 weekly budget. I stopped myself from buying things for me with a simple, "I don't need that." Remember, we can't fix the world or even all of our county, but as said, you can't help everyone but you can help those who cross your path.

No comments: