Thursday, December 23, 2010

Meet Ashley McGee

What a whirlwind 2010 has been! My name is Ashley McGee and I am the Manager of Donor Relations for the United Way of Northwest Arkansas. My husband, Jeff, is originally from NWA, but we actually met at Oklahoma State University. We both graduated from OSU in 2006; I with a Bachelors Degree in Business Administration majoring in Business Management, he with a Bachelors Degree in Athletic Training.
After graduating college we got married, and are now coming up on our five year wedding anniversary. We started our lives together in Fayetteville where I was a Manager for Banana Republic, and Jeff was attending the U of A for his Masters. We relocated to Fort Smith in 2008, where we both worked at UA Fort Smith. Once
Jeff was offered the opportunity to work at Bentonville High as the Head Athletic Trainer, and I at United Way we decided that it was the right time to come back to where we call home!

A little bit about our families; we have two furry babies, our dogs, Miss Ivy and Mr. Rupert! I am originally from Enid, Oklahoma where most of my family still lives. My parents have lived there almost their entire life, and I have two sisters, one of which is currently attending OSU pursuing a teaching degree, and the other just became an RN. I have a nephew, Haydn, who is my little muffin! Jeff’s parents live in Fayetteville along with his sister and her fiancĂ©, who currently attend NWACC. Both of our families are very close, which is such a blessing, but it can be hard to get everyone together at the same time due to the distance.

When we were given the opportunity to come back to Northwest Arkansas, I knew that I was looking for a career move that would challenge me in a new way, and that would also allow me to really make a difference in some way. I had no idea that I would find something that would be the perfect fit, but this position with the UNITED WAY OF NWA did just that. It is a lot of responsibility to know that so many people in our local community, really depend on us to bring in the funds to help those in need in our area. With that, though, comes the gratification of seeing how our efforts are truly making a difference, and having the opportunity to see first hand how we LIVE UNITED is a great rewarding feeling! I feel extremely fortunate to work with so many great people, and I am looking forward to what 2011 will bring!

No comments: