Monday, December 13, 2010

Meet Meredith Fraiser


I am originally from Glen Rose, Arkansas, which is about 45 minutes south of Little Rock. I grew up there and then moved to Fayetteville where I attended the University of Arkansas. Woo Pig Sooie! I have lived in Fayetteville for the past six years. I absolutely love Northwest Arkansas and am so happy to call Fayetteville home.

My Bachelor’s degree is in Journalism: Advertising/Public Relations from the UA and I have a Master’s of Business in Administration from John Brown University. For the past six years I have worked at University Development assisting two Directors and their fundraising efforts for the UA. While I loved working in Development, I was looking for the next step in my career. In October, I had the opportunity to join the United Way of Northwest Arkansas as the Manager of Special Events. In the past two months, I have learned so much about all of wonderful agencies and efforts we support to help better the Northwest Arkansas community.

My hobbies include shopping (which is more of an obsession), cooking and reading. I also love spending time with my dog Barkley, my cat Nash and my boyfriend Payton. He is also a graduate from the UA, where he holds a Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems. We’re both homebodies, so we spend a lot of time in our pajamas in front of the TV with our computers in our laps. We’re big computer geeks!

Anyway, that’s just a little bit about me. I am so thrilled to be on the United Way team and can’t wait to see what comes next!

No comments: