Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Meet Rachel Osborn-Cox


I am very excited to join the staff at the United Way of Northwest Arkansas as the new Manager of Marketing and Communication.


I've been extremely blessed to have been born and raised here in Northwest Arkansas. I was a graduate of Rogers High School, and went on to complete my Bachelor of Arts in Communication from the University of Arkansas - woo pig sooie!


I am married and have two wonderful and silly kids. My son is six and started kindergarten this year, and my daughter is three. My husband, Steve, works at the Rogers/Lowell Chamber of Commerce.



Before joining the staff of United Way, I had a great opportunity to work as the Program Director for the Teen Action and Support Center - a partner agency to the United Way. This position helped teach me the fundamentals of non-profit management. It also opened my eyes to the many other amazing organizations that work to help strengthen our community. We are a truly blessed community, and one of the things that I LOVE about Northwest Arkansas are the many partnerships non-profits make to work together to collectively meet the needs of our residents.

When an opportunity became available here at United Way that would help all of these incredible organizations, I just knew it was something that I would love to be a part of. I look forward to a wonderful 2011, continuing to serve the needs of Northwest Arkansas.

No comments: