Friday, March 18, 2011

Meet our new Marketing & Communication Interns!


(Pictured left to right - Julie Dickerson, Rebecca Bowlin, James Deane, Kailey Wever)

We are VERY excited to have a great team of new Marketing & Communications Interns who have recently began serving here at United Way. We hope you will take a moment to get to know them! Appreciate their amazing talents! - Rachel Osborn-Cox

Julie Nicole Dickerson

Hometown: In Rogers, AR -- born and raised.

Education: Bachelor of Interior Design from University of Arkansas
Not-so-interesting Fact: I’m a complete dork. I still cross my fingers when I pass a graveyard, kiss my hand and slap the dashboard when I go through a yellow light, and play 4play and cockeye--even when I’m alone in the car.

What I want to accomplish: What don’t I want to accomplish? I’m still optimistic enough to believe that anything is possible and everyday is a blank slate for one to make the most of. I want to learn everything I can in this world, take every opportunity presented to me, and give everything that I receive in this world back two-fold.

What I think it means to LIVE UNITED: Living United means coming together as a community and helping each other out. It is about learning things from one another, and never turning your back on a neighbor.

Rebecca Bowlin
My Name is Rebecca Bowlin. All of my friends and family collectively say I have a silly personality. I was born and raised in a small fishing town in Florida call Crystal River who’s claim to fame was being the manatee capital of the world. I lived in Florida for 22 years before moving to Northwest Arkansas the summer of 2007. Talk about a HUGE difference!
The center of my universe right now and for the past almost 6 years is my two boys. Nathan is 5 ½ and started kindergarten this past year and continues to amaze me with his kind and generous heart. Lucas is 4 ½ and will be starting kindergarten this year and has the tendency to light up the room and steal the limelight when he walks in. I’m truly blessed to be called their "Mom."

Shortly after the 1100 mile move I took a position working for Best Buy. I do photography for a hobby so thought it would be a fun place to work while still attending college and raising my boys. I ended up loving the company and have been with them for almost 4 years now. Currently I’m the Community Service Coordinator & Hiring and Training Coordinator for the Rogers store. This position has helped me realize my passion by working with local non-profits in the area. Knowing that I was able to help raise over $20,000 for local non-profits in this area this year is my biggest accomplishment yet.

I graduate in June with my Bachelor’s degree in Business Marketing. I’m hoping that my internship with United Way will help accomplish my goals of making a difference in my community.

To me, LIVING UNITED, means to be a part of the change. If I only make a difference in the life of one person, it is a success. If we all work together, there is no limit to what we can achieve.


James Deane

My name is James Deane. Most people call me James Deane, but James works fine for me! I am currently a student at the NWACC, enrolled in the Graphic Design program and almost finished. I do work a part time job at Krispy Kreme so if I'm not doing homework or in class, I'm probably there.

A life goal of mine is to own a flat, in a location where it's the social norm to call it a flat. I hope to accomplish a great deal in my life, but as for United Way, I want to leave them with strong, modern design elements that won't be outdated in a year. Basically, the harder I make it for the next intern, the better! To me, living united means doing what your community asks of you, being a strong link in the chain, so that others can become the same.

Kailey Wever

My name is Kailey Wever. I live in Rogers with my husband, Derek, and our 3 children. I attended Rogers High School and have taken a few courses at NWACC. I love art, music, and spending time with my family. I love Northwest Arkansas! I have lived here for most of my life and I love the opportunity offered in this area. Volunteering is something new to me that I am completely excited about. My hope is that my children will see the positive aspects of helping our community and choose to do the same. I’m very excited to intern at United Way!

No comments: