Thursday, November 10, 2011

Meet Lisa Fury

I am excited to join United Way of Northwest Arkansas as the Manager of Community Impact.

I grew up in a small, rural town in Colorado as a farmer’s daughter and moved to Northwest Arkansas to attend John Brown University. I graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Family and Human Services and a minor in Management. Following graduation, I had the opportunity to serve at a local non-profit, Saving Grace, Inc., advocating for quality education, self-sufficiency, volunteerism, and positive self-image for young women in the community. I then had the opportunity to be a part of the National Children’s Study of Benton County, a large research study focusing on child health and development. I am now blessed to serve the community as part of the United Way of Northwest Arkansas team.

I believe Northwest Arkansas, as a connected entity, has the ability to build stronger individuals, stronger families, and a stronger community. United, by definition, means to be in harmony, to be combined into a single entity, and it is the result of, or to be concerned with, mutual accomplishment. I am excited to be a part of United Way because I believe in its mission to Live United. As a united community we need one another and are stronger together.

I look forward to being a part of this team and serving Northwest Arkansas as the Manager of Community Impact.

No comments: