Friday, February 24, 2012

when one door closes...

Desire is the starting point of all achievement, not a hope, not a wish, but a keen pulsating desire which transcends everything
- Napoleon Hill
When I came across this quote, while thinking through all of the changes that are about to happen in my life, it truly resonated with me. While I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience and the past year and half with the United Way of Northwest Arkansas, I have always felt that as a career driven woman it is important to evaluate relevant situations as they come available. With that said, I have been given an extraordinary opportunity to join the Walmart family, specifically with Sam’s Club Corporate. When this opportunity presented itself to me and after careful evaluation both professionally and personally along with my husband, I have made the decision that this was the time to step out and take advantage of it.

Take a chance! All life is a chance. The man who goes farthest is generally the one who is willing to do and dare - Dale Carnegie
Not only have I been given this incredible career opportunity, but my husband, Jeff, and I have also been blessed with our first child. May 2nd of this year our baby girl, Adalyn Kyser McGee, will be joining our little family. Our furry babies, Rupert Holmes and Ivy Sue don’t even know what excitement is in store for them! It will mean more food, a playmate all of the time and someone just their size to give even more kisses too. There are so many things for us to be thankful for and so many thanks to give.

To find out what one is fitted to do, and to secure an opportunity to do it, is the key to happiness - John Dewey
Throughout my career with UWNWA I have had the privilege of developing many wonderful relationships with our company In House Coordinators; I have worked with our highly dedicated volunteers, and I have developed long lasting friendships with my fellow coworkers. With my position as the Manager of Donor Relations I have been able to see firsthand the kind of generous and giving people that surround us in this place we call Northwest Arkansas, and our home! Because of you I now have a completely different outlook on the needs in our community as well as the solution to answer those needs. Every day that I have worked at UWNWA I have felt as though I played a major role in bettering the lives of those in need in our community. I plan to continue to do so in my new role as well just in a different way.

Be ready when opportunity comes. Luck is the time when preparation and opportunity meet - Roy D. Chapin Jr.
Thank you for your support of UWNWA and thank you for allowing me to be a part of this memorable experience, and best of luck to all in your future endeavors.

He that is over-cautious will accomplish little -Friedrich Von Schiller
BEST WISHES TO ALL,
Ashley McGee

No comments: